I had another appointment on Friday. There was no change. I am still contracting, but not as much. My heart rate is still high, but given I am stressed I suppose that is somewhat expected. However, I do need to relax because it is still not the best thing.
I can feel that since I am taking it easier there are less contractions - but they are still there. I have a few that wake me up at night. However, they are by no means regular yet. I usually have about 6-8 during waking hours (mostly when I am having to do something physical). I usually have 3-4 at night that wake me up. However, they have no pattern to them whatsoever. They can last anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes. I have the painless tightening (Braxton Hicks) thrown in some places as well.
There is a lot of pressure from the baby, which still makes it hard to walk at times. She is very active though, so I am glad for that. She seems very healthy. She is quite the rolly-polly. Watching my belly is funny. It looks like she is dancing in there! She just needs to hang in a little longer. I know she is running out of space, but I still have about a week and a half till she is considered "term". I would also like for John to be able to be home. I will pick him up at the airport Friday. It feels good to be able to say "Friday" and not "next Friday" or "the 23rd". I will be so glad to have him home!
Yesterday my friend, Racheal, came over and helped me with the house and kids. It was really appreciated. She did not think it was much - but it was to me. Just like the ladies from church bringing food. I know when you make food and take it to someone, to you it seems like just a little thing to do - but to the person who is sick or otherwise not in a position to easily do it themselves it means SO MUCH.
Savannah is very excited about Caroline's arrival. She'll tell anyone who will listen about it. She walks up to people in stores, she'll tell the mailman if they have to come to the door, she''' even tell the pizza man. She never calls her Caroline though..she only calls her "Baby Caroline". If anyone refers to the baby as Caroline, she corrects them and makes them say "Baby Caroline". She is regressing a little though - but I think that has more to do with John being gone for a couple of weeks. She loves attention and so when there is just me to give the attention, she tends to do baby-like things to ensure she gets more of it. She does it every time he has to leave. Of course, she does not reliably sleep through the night, but she never has. It is kind of strange I suppose, people think Ian would be the one to cause me to lose sleep..but he takes naps and sleeps 12 hour nights..Savannah is my non-sleeper. I think she is scared to death she will miss something.
Ian is still pretty clueless about what is happening, I believe. I think he senses something is going on. (He is VERY protective of me. He does not want to let me out of his sight.) Up until a few days ago we could not get him to look at a baby. The other day though, one at daycare caught his attention and he stared at her a bit. It is a start anyway. He is also beginning to love on one of Savannah's dolls. I think that is also a good thing. I am not sure how he will deal with not being the baby anymore. He likes being the baby, but don't they all. I guess we'll just have to see. We are not going to start potty training till the summer though. I do not see that it would do much good to start now, and I do not think he is ready anyway. Savannah was almost 3 before she got the hang of it, and he just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago.
Well, that is all the news for now. My next appointment is on Tuesday and I SHOULD be able to schedule the c-section then. I think she may come before they will schedule it..but still it is nice to have a no-later-than eviction date!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Update
Posted by John and Dana at 9:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment