CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Doctors Appointment Today

Well, they had SAID last week they could schedule me this week. However, the hospital won't do it till next week. The doc has tried. So soon I will know...but not yet. (If I even make it to 39 weeks which I do not see happening at this point)

It was an eventful appointment though. I have been uncomfortable (even more than usual) for about a week. In some ways I felt like I did right before my water broke with Savannah. (I denied being in labor until it broke with her). They checked me and sure enough I am 1 cm dilated and effaced. That is further along than I was with Savannah at my appointment 2 days before my water broke. Also during the exam she could feel Caroline's head! That explains the pressure that is making it increasingly difficult to walk. They hooked me up to the baby monitor. I am contracting, but they are still irregular at this point, so I do not have to be in the hospital yet. My heart rate is really high - even higher than Caroline's..so that is also a concern. (I attribute that to the amount of stress I am under though) They made another appointment for Friday at 0915. They also said no more working..I am done and I am on bed rest. (Well as much bed rest as I can be on considering I have 2 kids). My friend Rachel is coming over Sat to help though and I can take the kiddos to daycare during the week. John will be back a week from Friday (the 23rd). I am really hoping she can hold off until then! I am a little scared though. I don't think anyone wants to go through it without their husband and I know he does not want to miss it either.

Just everyone please keep us in your prayers that she hangs in there a little longer. I don't mean just so John can be here..that is important to us. However, I am only 35 weeks, so at this point she is still too early. The survival rate is about 100% at this point, but the baby can end up in the NICU because of immature lung development. Full term is considered anytime between 37-42 weeks. I would at least like to make it to 37 weeks!

0 comments: