As many of you know, John is in Omaha for some training. The kids were missing him pretty badly so while they were at school yesterday I went to Target and got them some cute summer clothes and told them it was from their daddy. My always curious little Savannah wanted to know how he got them here. Here is how the conversation went:
"Mommy, how did Daddy get me present to me?" (Savannah)
"Daddy Magic" (me)
"Oh..okay" (Savannah)
"How do you think the Daddy Magic worked?" (me)
"hmmm..I think him made them flewed through the air. He can do that him in the Air Force" (Savannah with her head tilted to the side and then putting her arms out and "flying" around the room)
"You think he made them fly through the air? Well, don't you want to see what he sent you?" (me)
"Yes!" (Savannah)
She opens it and smiles a knowing smile.
"Just like I thought" (Savannah)
"What did you think?" (me)
"Yup..I thought I saw these fly by my school today and I did!" (Savannah)
I laughed as I got a vision of a red and a pink Hello Kitty T shirt flying through the air and all the kids laughing and pointing at it. I also thought..what would the Air Force do if its members really could just make objects fly through the air?
Whatever happened to that wonder we all had as children?
I also got Ian a monkey shirt and shorts from Daddy. He just wanted to put it on and yelled "My Daddy?!!?". No more commentary than that.
Caroline got a new summer sleeper with polka dots and kitty cats as well.
Friday, March 27, 2009
The imagination of 4 year olds
Posted by John and Dana at 7:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment