I will try to catch up on posts over the next week or so. I have several pictures I can share.
One thing we have begun to do is using coupons and watching sales. It is a great way to save money. I plan on sharing some of the better adventures we have with using coupons and other ways of saving money.
Savannah and I were particularly proud of the shopping we did today. We went to Old Navy and came back with ten pair of flip flops and two shirts for me (Dana) for $1.10 total. There were 2 pair of flip flops for Savannah, 1 pair for John and seven pair for me. Ian will not wear flip flops so he did not get a pair. They did not have any that would fit Caroline anytime soon. I would have gotten Savannah more, instead of some of the ones for me, but they were out of girly ones in her size.
If you are wondering how we did this, keep reading and I will tell you. The flip flops were on sale for $1 each. They are normally either 1/$3.50 or 2/$5. The shirts were normally priced $12.50 and $14.50, but were on sale for $8 and $7. There was a limit of 5 pair of flip flops per customer. I had Savannah "pay" for the first 5 pair. I had a coupon Old Navy had sent me that was for $5 off of any purchase. This made the 5 pair of flip flops ring up for free! I then had the cashier ring up the remaining five pair of flip flops and the two shirts. The total came to $21.08. However, I had a rewards card worth $20. (I have an Old Navy card, whenever you use it you earn points toward rewards cards and this was my latest reward). This dropped the total to $1.08! Below are pictures of the loot that we got at Old Navy today..
Here is the whole loot together
Here are Savannah's flip flops
Here are my flip flops
Here is John's pair
Here are the shirts

Saturday, May 22, 2010
Its been a long time..
Posted by John and Dana at 6:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment